Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tilapia with Black-Eyed Peas and Rice

Welcome back, peeps!  I hope you all had a nice holiday.  The F and I hosted our first guests in our new home, and things are falling into place.  We're getting ready to head out of town (Boston!  Work for me, fun for the F) but don't worry, posting will continue regularly while I'm gone.  I'll try not to leave you hangin' again!


I will be the first person to tell you that I am not a big fish-eater by any means.  Shrimp and crab I eat (and love) but put a filet of salmon or tilapia in front of me and nine times out of ten, I'm going to pass.  This pickiness irked the F so I thought I'd branch out and add tilapia to the repertoire.


This recipe (from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, obviously) sounded ok to me, so I gave it a shot.  The sauce was spicy and the rice and beans were delicious, but the tilapia still didn't float my boat.


The F, however, loved it.  And there's something to be said for cooking meals that other people love, and not thinking only of yourself, right?!  I mean, I don't plan on making it again, but at least I branched out.

Speaking of branching out, the F, who has been buying fun trinkets for himself lately (he has a man room to furnish, after all) branched out and bought a little something for yours truly:

L.A.M.B. via Piperlime

Fab, right?  I may not have a man cave, but my feet look awfully amazing when I strut through the F's "man space!"

1 comment:

  1. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then light pink dress long sleeve shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete