Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Truffle Brownies

The F had two choices, this year, for Christmas dessert:  caramel custard with homemade whipped cream or truffle brownies with homemade ice cream.  Obviously you know which one he chose, based on my inability to blog in order.


And despite the fact that there are no pictures or personal details of the F on this blog, I think we all know he's a chocoholic.  I used this recipe, from the July 2010 issue of Bon Appetit (foregoing the walnuts because I do not care for walnuts in my brownies).


These brownies are RICH, peeps.  A chocolate force to be reckoned with.


I chose to bake my brownies in a pie plate and invert them onto make cake stand, because I liked the presentation.  The ganache slid down the edges like slime on the head of a celebrity at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.


I was thrilled that my new camera seemed to capture the rich fudginess.  Too bad these pictures aren't scratch and sniff.

A warm, gooey brownie calls for warm (gooey?) boots.

Golden Goose via Barneys

If these aren't the shoe equivalent to a decadent brownie, I don't know a pair exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment